PEX430 PCI Express Switch and PMC/XMC Carrier Card
PEX430 allows designers to build complex VPX systems with multiple single board computers and multiple I/O modules.
It provides both a PCI Express switch and a mezzanine carrier.
The PCI Express capability of PEX430 allows up to four ports of 4-lane PCI Express to be connected to a non-blocking line-speed switch. The PEX430 switch supports non- transparent bridging mode to allow multiple hosts to be connected together.
The PCI Express switch also has an 8-lane PCIe port to the XMC site, or alternatively a 4-lane PCIe port to an PCI-X bridge for the PMC site.
• Four ports 4-lane PCI Express, in accordance with VITA 46.4
• Firmware configurable for 8-lane operation to XMC site
• PCI-X (v 1.0b): 64 bits at 133, 100 or 66 MHz
• PCI 3.0: 32- or 64 bits at 66- or 33 MHz
• 3V3 I/O signaling
• 8-lane PCI Express Mezzanine I/O
• 64 bits routed from mezzanine I/O connector to VPX backplane.
• Note: selection of PMC or XMC I/O is a factory build option.
• PMC or XMC, in accordance with VITA 46.9
• Routing from mezzanine I/O connector to the VPX backplane connector is a factory build option.