The AcroExpress® VPX6860 is a high performance 6U OpenVPX™ single board computer based on the 6th Generation Intel® Xeon® processor (formerly Skylake) and PCH. XMC and AcroPack expansion slots add flexibility for on-board FPGA processing, I/O interfaces, and other functions.
Designed with numerous I/O connections this board is perfect for COTS applications requiring high-bandwidth computing with low power consumption.
Intel Processor Technologies
Whether you’re looking for a tech refresh to update your legacy systems or starting a new application, the Intel Xeon processor delivers significant performance advancements. Take advantage of the enhanced microarchitecture, integrated graphics, and expanded memory performance. Innovative new technologies yield significant improvements in virtualization, power management, security, and processing speed.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
- Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep Technology (EIST)
- Intel® Virtualization Technology
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel® Active Management Technology
- Intel® Matrix Storage Technology
- Intel® Configurable TDP Technology
- Thermal Management
This board accommodates one or two DDR4 ECC SODIMMs, for a total of up to 32GB removable memory. The SODIMMs are firmly attached to the module with screws for easy replacement and surrounded by heat sink material to provide a mechanically and thermally robust mechanism. Two M.2 expansion slots provide on-board data storage capabilities.
Acromag has more than 60 years of experience working with defense, aerospace, scientific, and industrial applications. We are committed to providing embedded computing solutions with the best long-term value in the industry. These boards are designed and manufactured in the USA with a 2-year warranty and a life expectancy of at least 7 years.
Features & Benefits
- Intel Xeon Quad Core Xeon E3-1505M V5 (47W)
- Intel C230 series CM236 PCH chipset
- Up to -40 to 85°C extended operating range
- Programmable CPU power for heat sensitive apps.
- Up to 32GB of high-speed DDR4 memory
- XMC module expansion site
- AcroPack/mPCIe module expansion site
- Two M.2 expansion slots w/ SATA III, PCIe NVMe x4
- Front panel I/O includes (air-cooled version):
- dual USB 3.0 ports
- RJ45 10/100/1000BASE-T port
- Backplane I/O includes:
- 1 x16, 2 x8, or 4 x4 PCIe Gen3 on
- Expansion Plane
- 2x 40 GBASE-KR4/10GBASE-KX4 on data plane
- 2x 10/100/1000BASE-T on control plane
- 2x 1000BASE-BX on control plane
- 4x RS-232/422/485
- 2x USB 3.0
- 2x USB 2.0
- 2x DisplayPort 1.2
- 2x SATA III
- Audio: analog stereo line in and line out
- 8 GPIO (4 inputs, 4 outputs)
- Battery-less operation option
- Rear transition module available
Call factory for battery-less operation and other options.